Monday, September 18, 2017

Everyday Foundation



I think I have found my ultimate everyday base makeup and it is none other than the Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Poreless Foundation. This foundation range hit our sunny shore not too long ago. Boy! I was excited to get my hands on it!

I was particularly interested in the shade range that this foundation has. A total of whooping 40 shades are available for any skin tone! However, in Singapore only a handful of shades was brought in. In fact, if I recalled, less than 10 shades are available in our local pharmacy like Watsons / Guardian. I didn't know about the limited shades until I heard from one of my Instagram beauty, @littlemissconfessions (go check her out! She's beauty with brains), that they only carry a certain amount of shade range. I mean, c'mon Maybelline Singapore...

Back to the foundation itself, thankfully, I found my closest shade. This is quite rare for me. I wouldn't say it is THE perfect match but it'll do for now. I'm in the shade 228 Soft Tan. It gives a decent light to medium coverage that I love. Covers majority of my blemishes. I think this can be build up to a full coverage if you go heavy handed with it. I personally like my foundation to look exactly like my skin.

Though it says "Poreless" on the bottle, I can still see my pores peeking through. As for the mattifying properties that this foundation claim to be, well it does stay matte for a couple of hours. I would say the longevity of this is the same as my other foundations, about 4-5 hours (maybe less). I noticed that it does cling on to dry patches. I just recently found out that I have a dry spot in between my eyebrows. Surprise huh?! My skin has always been on the oily spectrum.  I mainly apply it using my fingers or a brush (if I have the time). I love how it looks on the skin when I applied it using my fingers rather than a foundation brush. In my own opinion, I think this range is cater towards those who prefers skin-like foundation.

The only problem (okay, maybe 2) is that it doesn't come with a pump! If you're not careful when dispensing the product, it can SPILL EVERYWHERE! C'mon Maybelline, please include a pump in the packaging! The next problem I have with the foundation is that I noticed pimple started popping out of nowhere. Not entirely sure if it's hormonal or not, but I'll definitely update if it does cause breakout (I hope not).

Hope you have a lovely weekend! See you in my next post! x

No comments:

Post a Comment